My new Snowmobile Hauler!

General car discussion and other related topics of interest for MN 3/S members.
levi
Novas rule!

My new Snowmobile Hauler!

Post by levi » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:39 pm

It won't be the fastest thing on 4 wheels, but it'll get the job done... in luxury.
2008 GMC Acadia AWD - SLT2 . 3.6L 275hp / 251 lb-ft torque it's SUPPOSED to get up to 22mpg. We'll see.

It's pretty much got every option there is... NAV, DVD, Backup Camera, Dual Sunroof etc...
Unfortunately the heated washer fluid system was removed due to bad electrical issues (GM suggested having it removed cuz none of the recall work fixed the problem)

Seems like a pretty sweet vehicle so far.

Anyway, just wanted to share with my car friends :)

Levi

curt_gendron
Administrator

Re: My new Snowmobile Hauler!

Post by curt_gendron » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:53 am

Looks like you bought it at Carlson Toyota. That is where I bought my Tundra. The Acadia is probably the best looking GMC. Nice choice.

Have you figured out where all the baby seat latches are located at? :D

Minnesota 3/S Facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home ... 02602&ap=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

levi
Novas rule!

Post by levi » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:30 pm

Yes, I did get it there. They were VERY good there. I would recommend them to anyone.

I always liked the Acadia style over the others in the same class (Except the new Explorer. Those are sweet, but WAY too expensive). The wife really wanted the Enclave over the Acadia... until we drove one. She realized (what I already knew) that for $5-$8k more, it wasn't worth it to have the exact same vehicle but with a wood grain dash and a more bubbly shape. Besides, the Acadia we found (SLT2) had more options than most of the Enclaves we saw... was less money too.

Time will tell, but so far we are very happy with our purchase. I'm interested to see how it handles the snow and how it tows our snowmobile trailer. I'm sure it'll be just fine.
Levi

sting1180

Post by sting1180 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:56 pm

I like the acadia's the best too, my parents picked up the traverse (loaded up) last year. They are very nice vehicles.
1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 Iridecent Danube Blue, Twin 19T turbos, PTE 680cc injectors, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Pre-cat eliminators, IPS 3" Down pipe, IPS Sleeper E cutout, polished intake, Dejon Tool FMIC, Dejon Tool Blow-thru intake pipes, AEM stand-alone engine management system, AEM gauges, Tru-boost controller, Angel eyes mod, robo headlight mod, 2 rockford P2D's powered by P6002 bridged in series with 6 farad cap, 19" Bazo B52 wrapped in General Exclaim's.

Find used parts at PAM's Auto, Inc IM me at [email protected] or call me toll free direct at 855-363-9203. Also check out our website at http://www.pamsauto.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

niterydr

Post by niterydr » Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:07 pm

Nicely done!
-Josh
-(blue) 93 rt/tt --sold -720awhp, 11'[email protected]
-(white) 92 rt/tt --SOLD
https://www.facebook.com/CompleteTuningSolutions
-(Green) 03 Kawasaki ZX6RR