All Mitsu Cookout status

General car discussion and other related topics of interest for MN 3/S members.
curt_gendron
Administrator

All Mitsu Cookout status

Post by curt_gendron » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:10 pm

I have not put out any official threads about the All Mitsu Cookout this year. I've had some difficulties with the school (ISD 728 community ed) on the permit. Last year they added a new $113 fee for using any part of the building. We use the bathrooms. Now this year they want to tag on a $76 fee for cleaning.

Its clear that they want to try and squeeze every dollar they can get out of me, and I'm pretty pissed off about it. Two years ago the permit was $236. This year it will be close to double that.

Last year's attendance was pretty bad. Mostly because of the heat, but also the sign up numbers were lower. 2012 was a record year with 176 cars register. Last year we only had 113. That was the lowest turnout in 10 years. Last year we also only had one sponsor. MAP decided not to sponsor last year.

Every year when I decide to put on the All Mitsu Cookout, its a decision. There are no guarantees in this world. With a lot of cards seeming to stack against me, I'm seriously considering not doing the All Mitsu Cookout.

The volunteers from MN 3/S have been great. I've asked a lot from you with very little given back. But putting on the Cookout still seems like a huge effort that seems to be getting tougher each year it goes on. With the enthusiast base seeming to shrink, and sponsor enthusiasm shrinking, this may be the right time to stop it.

I have not cancelled the Cookout yet. I'm still checking into a couple other locations. I also want to put a message out there to the masses to get some input. But I figured I'd send something out to you guys first.

later,
Curt

Minnesota 3/S Facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home ... 02602&ap=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

niterydr

Re: All Mitsu Cookout status

Post by niterydr » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:07 pm

Bummer man!
-Josh
-(blue) 93 rt/tt --sold -720awhp, 11'[email protected]
-(white) 92 rt/tt --SOLD
https://www.facebook.com/CompleteTuningSolutions
-(Green) 03 Kawasaki ZX6RR

BluDevl
Arm Hair Eater

Post by BluDevl » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:37 pm

I understand, Curt.

Basically I will be there to support whatever you choose to do. We could always just bring the cookout back to basics? Pick a local park, tell people to bring their own food/drink. Enjoy the weather and look at cars. Thats always a good time too!
-Steve (Osceola Finalist)
'92 Dodge Stealth R/T Turbo 1 of 327~ HKS Intake, DNP Y-Pipe, Dejon Pre-turbo intake, Stillen 3" DP, GReddy PRofec B-spec II EBC, Short Throw Shifter, Eibach Pro Kit Springs, Power Slot Rotors, Ultimate Performance Strut Tower Bar, TR Motorsports C2 Wheels, and tons of polished goodies!
2016 Mitsubishi Outlander SEL
Check out http://www.Advanceautoparts.com

BluDevl
Arm Hair Eater

Post by BluDevl » Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:40 pm

Also, if Curt does cancel the cookout, this will have to be a web banner for the "No more Cookout" announcement. Hint: Change the "I" to a "Y"

-Steve (Osceola Finalist)
'92 Dodge Stealth R/T Turbo 1 of 327~ HKS Intake, DNP Y-Pipe, Dejon Pre-turbo intake, Stillen 3" DP, GReddy PRofec B-spec II EBC, Short Throw Shifter, Eibach Pro Kit Springs, Power Slot Rotors, Ultimate Performance Strut Tower Bar, TR Motorsports C2 Wheels, and tons of polished goodies!
2016 Mitsubishi Outlander SEL
Check out http://www.Advanceautoparts.com

Krazy_Town

Post by Krazy_Town » Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:41 pm

Just a few ideas. They might not be popular and seem difficult, but just some ideas to think about to help cut costs.

See if some food trucks will show up for a while. This way you wont have to buy food and cook it up, but we do run the risk of hoping one will show up once they are "committed". I'm sure it might be hard to get one out there if they are only going feed about 100 or so people.

Only have one trophy per class or no trophies at all.

Raise the admission cost a bit. Keeping it $15 or under might be acceptable.
-Collin
1992 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 | 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT | 2010 Chevrolet Malibu |

apickle

Post by apickle » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:32 pm

I think an admission cost of $10 is perfectly acceptable. Especially since it's all-you-can-eat, really. The venue costs are kind of out of your control, unfortunately.

It is a shrinking enthusiast base, that's for sure. Not many people consider anything other than the Evo an "enthusiast" car from Mitsu, and that's a shame. Their lineup for the last several years has definitely been less than desirable.
1992 3000GT VR4 || 2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT || 2003 Suzuki SV650s

curt_gendron
Administrator

Post by curt_gendron » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:04 pm

I've been chatting with Bobby from White Bear Mitsu. He has offered having the Cookout at the dealership. Its a much longer drive for me, but this would also cut out the permit money all together. Plus having the dealership location would allow us some other advantages. Food setup and registration could be indoors if its super windy or raining.

Their front parking lot is not super big. But if we utilize the space around the building, I think it will work. So maybe their is some hope to get this thing figured out. I would really like to keep the cost at $5. Stay tuned.

later,
Curt

Minnesota 3/S Facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home ... 02602&ap=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

wishIwasFast

Post by wishIwasFast » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:24 pm

Sweet......
Melissa:Silver Metallic '96 Stealth R/T (#75 of 115)
Firestorm Red '95 R/T

John:Pearl Yellow '94 Stealth TT Billet 19Ts, chrome ECU, 420lph FP
Pearl Yellow '95 Stealth TT~self-tuned~May '[email protected] (stock clutch/cat-back, 12.5psi)
April '09 G-Tech: [email protected] (stock clutch/cat-back, 15.5psi)post cut-out
mods to date:13g/17g turbo combo, ARC2, 550 injectors, HKS SMIC, MBC, Stillen DP, 3SX crank pulley, hotwired 300lph pump, adjustable FPR, cut-out, 30% E-85 70% 92 octane

niterydr

Post by niterydr » Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:36 pm

Huge win for the Mitsubishi dealership as they would be seen as the "go to".
-Josh
-(blue) 93 rt/tt --sold -720awhp, 11'[email protected]
-(white) 92 rt/tt --SOLD
https://www.facebook.com/CompleteTuningSolutions
-(Green) 03 Kawasaki ZX6RR