Transfer case output shaft crush sleeve torque spec

General car discussion and other related topics of interest for MN 3/S members.
trplc21

Transfer case output shaft crush sleeve torque spec

Post by trplc21 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:21 pm

I spun a bearing in my transfer case and I am I spun a bearing in my transfer case and I am in the process of rebuilding it. However torque specs are nearly impossible to find. I have found torque specs for the case bolts and drain plugs but not able to find a torque spec for the Transfer case output shaft or crush sleeve torque spec. If anybody could help me with this information it would be greatly appreciated. I have downloaded multiple manuals via the Internet and the only thing that I can find is the Mitsubishi recall procedure and that unfortunately says if bearings are bad to replace transfer case not telling you how to fix it.

trplc21

Re: Transfer case output shaft crush sleeve torque spec

Post by trplc21 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:22 pm

I'm sorry I forgot to tell you it is a 92 five speed 25 spline

curt_gendron
Administrator

Post by curt_gendron » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:33 pm

Have you looked at this manual: http://www.3si.org/files/3S_AWD_trans_s ... manual.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That is about as complete of manual as you'll find. That being said, I'm not sure if what your asking for is in that or not.

Minnesota 3/S Facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home ... 02602&ap=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

apickle

Post by apickle » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:27 am

I flipped through that manual a couple days ago and didn't find the spec you were looking for. You could try posting to Ninja Performance/Chris on Facebook, he's probably the most helpful vendor you'll find in the 3/S world.
1992 3000GT VR4 || 2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT || 2003 Suzuki SV650s