1992 Stealth RT TT

General car discussion and other related topics of interest for MN 3/S members.
Den-Den

1992 Stealth RT TT

Post by Den-Den » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:21 pm

Good afternoon,
I'm working on a complete rebuild of my recently purchased 1992 Blue RT Twin Turbo Stealth and am wondering your thoughts on pistons and Rods for now. I have the motor out and on a stand,, it has no ridge and still perfect cross hatch pattern on the block with stock OEM pistons in it. The car ran like a top, but I got it for a great price and want it my way now. What have you ran for pistons and rods and why? I am planning an all out build with everything from the crank up to turbos, injectors and AEM programmer and pretty much everything in between.This will be an all winter build as you all know they take money and lots of it. So my question for the group is this,The Ross pistons from 3SX are my choice, but I see Wiseco and a few other make them too. I am going with different heads with bigger valves and cams from 3SX, The plan is the Stage 3SX" Ported & Polished Heads with the Brian Crower BC0141 Street strip cams. So understandably I want the bottom to be the best it can be without breaking the bank, so to say.
Thanks for any input
Den-Den

curt_gendron
Administrator

Re: 1992 Stealth RT TT

Post by curt_gendron » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:45 am

Welcome! Sounds like a very ambitious project. You may not get a lot of replies on here for some of your technical questions. If you haven't already done so, you may want to post some of those questions on 3SGTO: http://www.3sgto.org/forum.php

later,
Curt

Minnesota 3/S Facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home ... 02602&ap=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mjannusch

Re: 1992 Stealth RT TT

Post by mjannusch » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:33 pm

The best recommendations start with knowing what your power goals are for the motor. That makes a big difference in which parts you should use.

The "best" parts would be Pampena Motorsports billet rods, Pampena forged 3.1 pistons, and the upgraded Pampena wrist pins. Stock forged crank works great to pretty high power levels.

If you want more torque and better spool, do a Pampena 3.5L stroker 6G72 block like mine.
-Matt
'18 Camaro SS Convertible
'15 Corvette Stingray Z51 ([email protected] - 100% stock)
'95 3000GT Spyder VR4 ([email protected] - 540 awhp)