DSM Question

General car discussion and other related topics of interest for MN 3/S members.
Jon M Grown Up

DSM Question

Post by Jon M Grown Up » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:36 pm

For some odd reason, I just bought a bone stock and CLEEEEEEAN 1998 GSX (I'm the second owner).

Pretty fun; doesn't remind me of my 90 TSi at all though, a lot nicer.

I'm just kind of chasing the past down a little bit and now that I make pretty damn good money, I can actually afford a DSM! Actually, since I will treat it decently, it should go for a long time.

The real question is, who are the most knowledgeable shops that know a lot about them?

Since mnsportcompacts is no more, I figured you guys would be the best resource. I did remember MA Performance but they no longer work on them. Basically, I'm trying to source a shop that will put a new (to me) engine in the car when the time comes.

Thanks!

Jon M

apickle

Re: DSM Question

Post by apickle » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:47 pm

MAP could definitely work on them, but they aren't a Mitsu/DSM focused shop nowadays. RS Motors in Burnsville, or DB Performance in Rogers would probably be the best bets. Both still work on a lot of Evos, but have also branched out into Subaru tuning as well.
1992 3000GT VR4 || 2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT || 2003 Suzuki SV650s

menk02

Post by menk02 » Tue May 16, 2017 5:51 am

Which shop did you go with and how was it? A buddy here is looking for a shop to have DSM done as well, we are just finishing installing the new wheels and the Mickey Thompson tires on our current truck project. Can anyone confirm the MAP could work perfectly?

turbotalon1g

Post by turbotalon1g » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:52 am

A bit late, but MAP no longer works on cars.

Maybe if you were bringing them something to prototype do some new build on or possibly if you were in the business of handing out blank checks.