Anyone know a good 3/S mechanic?

Post, discuss, organize, and browse for local sales.
Jamal
Administrator

Anyone know a good 3/S mechanic?

Post by Jamal » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:39 am

When turning the wheel all the way one way, my power steering line burst on me on the passenger side (actually it is the rear oil line for the all-wheel steering). Looking for a good 3/S mechanic. Apickle is busy until early next year. Looking for someone to replace the line with something like cunifer hydraulic lines or equivalent. Or if all the lines are trashed, perhaps just do an AWS delete.

Should I just wait for Apickle, or is there someone, or a shop, in MN that can tackle this?

iceminion

Re: Anyone know a good 3/S mechanic?

Post by iceminion » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:03 pm

After owning several Galant VR4's and 3000GT VR4's I want to recommend something that may interest you:
Remove your stock power steering rack and replace it with a non-turbo power steering rack. its about $200 + labor.

My opinion of our 4ws system is that everybody it should delete it.

Jamal
Administrator

Post by Jamal » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:23 am

iceminion wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:03 pm
After owning several Galant VR4's and 3000GT VR4's I want to recommend something that may interest you:
Remove your stock power steering rack and replace it with a non-turbo power steering rack. its about $200 + labor.

My opinion of our 4ws system is that everybody it should delete it.
You mean do an AWS delete, like this?: http://www.ninjaperformance.com/AWSDele ... elete.html

That is definitely an option I'm considering. If all the lines are trashed, I might go that route. But so far every single mechanic/shop I've contacted has declined to do an AWS delete.

Jamal
Administrator

Post by Jamal » Mon May 14, 2018 3:19 pm

Bump. Doesn't even necessarily have to be in MN. Anywhere in the midwest lol.