What do you do for a living?

Talk about topics not relating to cars.
veerfour05

Post by veerfour05 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:29 pm

sparkygt wrote:i suppose i could have been more specific. i graduated from Universal Technical Institute in glendale heights illinois. now im trying to decide if i should move back to mn and try and find a job or stick around here. fianancially it makes more sense to move back in with my parents but i dont really want to.
so you go to that prison too, idk what you'll do but I plan on moving back in with my rents for a while and getting a job in the cities when I'm done with that hell-hole in spring
UMG 2010 breakdown champion!!!

PopTart

Post by PopTart » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:50 pm

veerfour05 wrote:
sparkygt wrote:i suppose i could have been more specific. i graduated from Universal Technical Institute in glendale heights illinois. now im trying to decide if i should move back to mn and try and find a job or stick around here. fianancially it makes more sense to move back in with my parents but i dont really want to.
so you go to that prison too, idk what you'll do but I plan on moving back in with my rents for a while and getting a job in the cities when I'm done with that hell-hole in spring
UTI really that bad? I have been looking at geting into the school after some genrals.

-Adam
95 3000 GT SL -- Fully remaned engine with Stage one SPEC clutch, 17 inch rims wraped in Kumho rubber, K&N Drop in Filter, 12 inch MTX Subwoofer with 800 watt Pioneer amp custom box and custom trunk interior.

For breakfast I eat Pop Tarts, my car eats civics.

If it aint broke, don't fix it. If it breaks it needed to be after market any way.

veerfour05

Post by veerfour05 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:10 pm

naa It's not that bad, the hrs kind of suck tho and it gets pretty stressful with being in school year round and having to deal with the kids that are the "I know everything because I read it on the internet" type, education is (usually) really good, only problem I've had there is my current class,

[rant] the class is out of control, the instructor doesn't do anything about it, and is doing a terrible job teaching the course material. And the thing that sucks is it's a class where I want to be picking up as much as possible (Course 5 with Scarborough for you UTI students) since the whole class is diagnosis, so tomarow I'm showing up for long enough to go talk to administration, tell them that I'm pissed because I'm paying so much for a class that I'm not learning shit in because of the instructor, and then I'm gonna stop showing up and tell them to schedule me next phase with a different instructor, since I'm not gonna waste my time to barely pass a class and not get any education out of it at all, and to give you an idea of how bad it is in this class over half of the class is sitting with a failing grade at the moment, myself included and I've had A's in nearly all of my classes[/rant]

sorry about that, anyways, it is a good school, you learn alot, just be prepared to deal with alot of BS while you're there

sparkygt

Post by sparkygt » Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:02 pm

i think you hit the nail on the head. there are alot of students who think they know alot about cars and so their parents pay for them to got to uti to get them out of the house and then they realize they dont know jack and decide to ruin the classes for everyone else. scarborough was a lab assistant for me once and i wasnt a fan of him either. you learn alot at uti if you listen and study and stuff. im glad i went there ultimately. my dad really wanted me to go to a 4 year university but as soon as i grauated high school i moved out and started uti. feels great to be done with it in case you were wondering. i think i will move back in with my parents and save some money. they just built that new honda dealer in hopkins maybe ill get a job there.
Do it once, Do it right
1995 3000GT Base, glacier white-intake, DP, test pipe, polyurethane mounts, underdrive crank pulley, lightweight flywheel, exedy stage 1 clutch, stillen brakes, ngk plugs and wires

veerfour05

Post by veerfour05 » Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:33 pm

yup, houred out today from his class, gonna head to MN for the weekend to relax, come back in a week and a half and do it all over again, cept this time with a good teacher, hey which car is yours the white one?

sparkygt

Post by sparkygt » Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:46 pm

yea the white one with the crazy speakers layin in back. have you seen the one thats drivin around town half red with a white body kit? also i saw another white sl today with a hot brunette driving it. ive never seen that one before. i had keene in 4/5 he knows his stuff. mikelogic too.
Do it once, Do it right
1995 3000GT Base, glacier white-intake, DP, test pipe, polyurethane mounts, underdrive crank pulley, lightweight flywheel, exedy stage 1 clutch, stillen brakes, ngk plugs and wires

veerfour05

Post by veerfour05 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:39 pm

body kit one is mine, got hit and I'm waiting to paint it untill I put in the front mount (don't want to cut up a bumper with a fresh paint job) don't worry I promise you it's temporary, now if the insurance company would get me my damn check so I can do the front mount......

havn't seen the white SL with the chick driving it, see a red SL with a hot chick driving it at my apt complex all the time tho

Coolboarder

Post by Coolboarder » Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:04 pm

Im guessing your down the the chicago area, my freind went to UTI and moved up to Duluth after finishing the program. He is really haveing a hard time finding a job up there. Sorry for any bad news but, this really only applies to the Duluth area. Good luck, I kinda wished I would have done that.
Later-
Will
I have a 1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL DOHC. 89,000 miles
Performance Mods : 3sx Lightweight Pulley, K&N Intake, 3sx down pipe, test pipe, custom catback exhaust, removed resonator..

veerfour05

Post by veerfour05 » Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:08 pm

going to UTI doesn't guarentee you a job, if theres no openings, theres no openings, you might have to be willing to move around when you're done with school

Stealth92TT

Post by Stealth92TT » Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:42 pm

I unload new cars and trucks off of rail road cars, it sucks in the rain/snow but its cool ive driven pretty much any domestic car/truck you can think off tho. :D
-Ben
1992 Dodge stealth R/T TT

Monochrome

Post by Monochrome » Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:24 pm

I got a new job as a project advisor for Mack/Volvo out here in Allentown. Still turing wrenches a little bit on the side, but not all day/every day anymore.
98 Solanano Black Pearl 3000GT VR4
94 Jet Black RT Stealth
95 Galaxy Pearl White Stealth TT: 11.852 @ 118.25 - 19psi - 93 oct - sold
95 Emerald Green Pearl Stealth TT - Sold
95 SSG Stealth TT: 11.981 @ 115.81mph - 22psi - 110 octane - sold

stealthtwinturbo

Post by stealthtwinturbo » Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:22 am

Monochrome wrote:I got a new job as a project advisor for Mack/Volvo out here in Allentown. Still turing wrenches a little bit on the side, but not all day/every day anymore.
Congrats Greg!! Glad you're making the best of it.

Mark
1991 Dodge Stealth RT/TT

Best ET [email protected]

johan166

Post by johan166 » Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:32 am

CDeutsch wrote:
One word of advise though, a lot of people who turn their hobby into a career find themselves looking for a new hobby. That's why I have 3 cars now. ;)
Exactly right...
I've been messing around with computers forst 15 years (Since I was 5!)
at age 16 some random "friend" on IRC offered me a job... WOOT! $14/hour managing a network at age 16.

I currently direct Corp IT projects for an aquisition of Merrill Corp (They bought my original employeer) And in my 3rd year of Chemistry at the U of M.

I will defientely become a Chemist and quit the IT business the momment I can... I can't touch my computer at home...
1999 Mitsubishi GSX
2003 Acura RSX

Ya one day I'll have my 3000GT