PROengineer & Solidworks

Talk about topics not relating to cars.
M-Spec

PROengineer & Solidworks

Post by M-Spec » Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:05 pm

These are the 2 best and most used cad programs for mech engineering and production correct?

My son wants to attend a tech school and after what ive experienced in life im kinda leary about any of them. They all seem to promise starting salaries that are far from the truth, and advancement seems to take forever without a full college degree.

Anyway, the school hes looking into is http://www.nti.edu

Does anyone have any experience with this place or any of it's graduates?

M-Spec

Post by M-Spec » Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:08 pm

Also, does anyone know of a school that teaches machining and cnc programming.

Everyone that i know that does cnc stuff is self taught

Turbo_StealthRT

Post by Turbo_StealthRT » Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:11 pm

Pro-E and Solidworks are the two most common 3-D CAD systems that are being used for mechanical design.

Depending on what kind of advancement you are looking at, a 2-year degree could make advancement more difficult. For example, if you would want to advance into an engineering managment role, it would probably take several years more experience to "compensate" for a 2-year degree versus a 4 year degree. Every situation is different though.
Brad
92&93 RT TT

Machme72

Post by Machme72 » Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:30 am

Turbo_StealthRT wrote:Pro-E and Solidworks are the two most common 3-D CAD systems that are being used for mechanical design.

Depending on what kind of advancement you are looking at, a 2-year degree could make advancement more difficult. For example, if you would want to advance into an engineering managment role, it would probably take several years more experience to "compensate" for a 2-year degree versus a 4 year degree. Every situation is different though.
a lot of engineers at my school do it in five years because of the demanding work load required for a 4yr degree, i got to msu mankato
92' Stealth SOHC
72' Mach I 351C 4bbl
Hunting a TT