windows 7 what windows vista should have been

Talk about topics not relating to cars.
yetterben

windows 7 what windows vista should have been

Post by yetterben » Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:45 am

Got a advanced copy today public beta begins friday. It seems it just a polished version of vista. Dev's have such a habit of releasing un finished work like vista and then finishing it and re selling it. Or should i say ceo . It is running the same kernel as vista and is really just a complete version of vista the way it should have been. So far the beta is more stable than vista it seems. Even on my sun workstation. Also running debug mode on several other pc's. This might just be the best thing since dos 6.2 or workbench on amiga lol.

kelgalis

Re: windows 7 what windows vista should have been

Post by kelgalis » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:09 am

yetterben wrote:Got a advanced copy today public beta begins friday. It seems it just a polished version of vista. Dev's have such a habit of releasing un finished work like vista and then finishing it and re selling it. Or should i say ceo . It is running the same kernel as vista and is really just a complete version of vista the way it should have been. So far the beta is more stable than vista it seems. Even on my sun workstation. Also running debug mode on several other pc's. This might just be the best thing since dos 6.2 or workbench on amiga lol.
And Vista isn't stable?
'94 3000GT - Sold
'94 Stealth RT/TT - Sold
'92 3000GT SL Pearl White - Sold
'03 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Currently toy-less

yetterben

Post by yetterben » Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:48 pm

vista is in no means stable. If you think it is you dont push your pc hard enough. i run lets just say a few monitoring programs i tax the shit out of my procs they are 75 percent all the time. Regardless vista is not stable.

kelgalis

Post by kelgalis » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:44 pm

First post from Windows 7 :D
'94 3000GT - Sold
'94 Stealth RT/TT - Sold
'03 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Currently toy-less

yetterben

Post by yetterben » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:14 pm

Hope you did not get it from a torrent. There nuked and report ip's right back to microcrap. Seems microcrap has had a huge server blockage and keys have not even been made to the public. you running without one for now. Think yah get thirty days. I got rid of mine all ready its just not as good as linux. For the amount of logging and the streams i mess with there is just not enough power in windows anymore.

kelgalis

Post by kelgalis » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:21 pm

Who says all the torrent copies are nuked? There's no way MS (edit: anyone) could pull that, not ALL of them.

And as far as Linux goes, yes it's better, but it's not worth my time and effort and the annoyances that come along with it. There's a reason it's less than 1% of the market.
'94 3000GT - Sold
'94 Stealth RT/TT - Sold
'03 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Currently toy-less

yetterben

Post by yetterben » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:31 pm

says the two groups who released it "stfu" and "razor". The pirate market is too main stream now days just point click torrent this torrent that. What ever happened to the good old days of the elite underground. I realize you are not old enough to know what i mean but it used to be alot more private than it is today. I am not a noob in the scene and used to host a dump for razor. Linux has less than 1% market left because people are scared of a command line and less than 1% of people can program. I can program in c c++ visual pascal basic myia and many others. People dont want to take the time anymore to learn its all point and click. Most people feared dos because they could not understand command line. So windows 3.1 was a fancy dos 7.0 with a gui in front of it.

there have been Three copies leaked from inside. The original build which was only a live virtual machine os. The X86 build a few weeks ago and the x64 release on the 7th. The offender has been caught and has been dealt with according to steve.

If you would liek to chat off line please let me know i have a wealth of knowledge the subject. I would not have half the knowledge i do today if someone way back when never taught me either.

ItTricky

Post by ItTricky » Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:35 am

...nerds

apickle

Post by apickle » Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:01 am

There is an awful lot of nerd dickwaving going in in this here thread!

Seriously, I know a lot of people running the torrented 7000 build with no issues. I was going to try and make it into the public beta, but I'll probably just toss the 7000 build on a spare drive and play with it for a bit. I won't be snagging it off the usual torrent sites, the public ones are a great way to get yourself in trouble.
1992 3000GT VR4 || 2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT || 2003 Suzuki SV650s

kelgalis

Post by kelgalis » Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:03 am

apickle wrote:There is an awful lot of nerd dickwaving going in in this here thread!

Seriously, I know a lot of people running the torrented 7000 build with no issues. I was going to try and make it into the public beta, but I'll probably just toss the 7000 build on a spare drive and play with it for a bit. I won't be snagging it off the usual torrent sites, the public ones are a great way to get yourself in trouble.
They don't care enough to track down the downloaders, unless they do massive amounts of downloading; they mostly just go after the uploaders.
'94 3000GT - Sold
'94 Stealth RT/TT - Sold
'03 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Currently toy-less

apickle

Post by apickle » Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:28 am

kelgalis wrote:
apickle wrote:There is an awful lot of nerd dickwaving going in in this here thread!

They don't care enough to track down the downloaders, unless they do massive amounts of downloading; they mostly just go after the uploaders.
I'm not worried about that, I just have better ways to get it :)
1992 3000GT VR4 || 2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT || 2003 Suzuki SV650s

kelgalis

Post by kelgalis » Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:56 am

And you can download it directly from their website anyway.
'94 3000GT - Sold
'94 Stealth RT/TT - Sold
'03 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Currently toy-less

kelgalis

Post by kelgalis » Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:55 pm

For those of you curious about W7, but don't want to install it, check out this link:

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/the-geek ... ws-7-beta/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
'94 3000GT - Sold
'94 Stealth RT/TT - Sold
'03 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Currently toy-less

dafty84

Post by dafty84 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:26 pm

+1 for old school baby.
Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and fu$k the prom queen.

-Sean Connery (The Rock)

ImageImageImageImage

Jamal
Administrator

Post by Jamal » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:18 pm

Windows 7 is amazing.

Running it on my old Dell XPS2 laptop and the new Unibody Macbook. Noticeably better than Vista.