Huge street racing bust in St. Paul. Video

Talk about topics not relating to cars.
wolf0573

Re: Huge street racing bust in St. Paul. Video

Post by wolf0573 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:28 am

It looks like all the "street racers" are all a bunch of slow cars that are too affraid to go to the track and find out they run a 16+ second 1/4 mile. :kek:

Sparxx

Post by Sparxx » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:49 pm

The 2004 video made a great point that around the TC area there is no where to go to race legally. We have the same problem here in LaCrosse. The local raceway finally realized this and started the street drags every month. They use the front strech of the 5/8 mile track. Its only about a 300ft run but its better then nothing. Every month more than 200 cars show up and 500 plus people. They charge $5 per person and $5 per class to race. They make a ton of money. The problem is the cars get no traction and they can't do any track prep. So alot of the bigger (aka faster) cars don't show up. I have heard from countless people "someone really need to build a dragstrip around here!" Just think of the people you could draw in on a Sat instead of a Fri night. I'm willing to bet the track would pay for itself in the first year.

sting1180

Post by sting1180 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:41 am

The problem with building a track anywhere near a city is getting the permits and for the city to approve it with the noise that they produce. The Big Lake area has been trying to get a race track built for years and it's still in limbo.
1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 Iridecent Danube Blue, Twin 19T turbos, PTE 680cc injectors, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Pre-cat eliminators, IPS 3" Down pipe, IPS Sleeper E cutout, polished intake, Dejon Tool FMIC, Dejon Tool Blow-thru intake pipes, AEM stand-alone engine management system, AEM gauges, Tru-boost controller, Angel eyes mod, robo headlight mod, 2 rockford P2D's powered by P6002 bridged in series with 6 farad cap, 19" Bazo B52 wrapped in General Exclaim's.

Find used parts at PAM's Auto, Inc IM me at [email protected] or call me toll free direct at 855-363-9203. Also check out our website at http://www.pamsauto.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

Silvertooth

Post by Silvertooth » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:26 pm

A track really isn't needed so much as a, say bi-weekly enforced & regulated drag racing on blank roads in the middle of nowhere.

Portable timing equipment, ambulance, washable paint for starting/ 1/8 finish, optional single police officer to make sure things don't get too crazy.

Too bad it'll never happen.