Smart Phone discussion

Talk about topics not relating to cars.
Krazy_Town

Smart Phone discussion

Post by Krazy_Town » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:09 am

Curt,

I dont have an internet phone yet, but I am planning to get one this weekend. Any suggestions? Its has to be simple and can also look up the weather and traffic.

:)
-Collin
1992 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 | 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT | 2010 Chevrolet Malibu |

curt_gendron
Administrator

Re: All Mitsubishi Cookout and Car Show -- Sunday, August 28

Post by curt_gendron » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:17 pm

Krazy_Town wrote:Curt,

I dont have an internet phone yet, but I am planning to get one this weekend. Any suggestions? Its has to be simple and can also look up the weather and traffic.

:)
Just don't get the "my first internet" phone. I think you'd be happier with a full smart phone. I'd recommend going with an android based phone. Beyond that, I don't really have a recommendation. I have the Samsung Epic 4g phone from Sprint. Been very happy with it.

Minnesota 3/S Facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home ... 02602&ap=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

sting1180

Post by sting1180 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:23 pm

I have the android based phone as well. I like it a lot. I have the LG Ally, first phone that I've been truely happy with. But I think just about any phone with the android software is going to be a good phone.
1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 Iridecent Danube Blue, Twin 19T turbos, PTE 680cc injectors, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Pre-cat eliminators, IPS 3" Down pipe, IPS Sleeper E cutout, polished intake, Dejon Tool FMIC, Dejon Tool Blow-thru intake pipes, AEM stand-alone engine management system, AEM gauges, Tru-boost controller, Angel eyes mod, robo headlight mod, 2 rockford P2D's powered by P6002 bridged in series with 6 farad cap, 19" Bazo B52 wrapped in General Exclaim's.

Find used parts at PAM's Auto, Inc IM me at [email protected] or call me toll free direct at 855-363-9203. Also check out our website at http://www.pamsauto.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

guido1205us

Post by guido1205us » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:32 pm

I got HTC Thunderbolt and the battery sucks...literally.
The Toys

badinblack

Re: Smart Phone discussion

Post by badinblack » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:25 am

Both my wife and I have the EVO 4g phone and both really like it. The Android system is cool and pretty easy to use. I really don't have much time with the new Windows phone but I know most cell phone stores have at least a couple you can play with.

Krazy_Town

Post by Krazy_Town » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:28 am

Lol. :lol: I just had to take a stab at Steve there. I do have an LG Env2 with basic internet but it's about two years old so I might upgrade soon. Probably nothing fancy though. I can't justify paying over $200 (no contract) for something that will be outdated in a few months, unless it could cook a steak and wipe my ass for me. Million miles away from a cure for diabetes but I know someone is close to making a phone that can cook a steak and wipe my ass for me.
-Collin
1992 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 | 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT | 2010 Chevrolet Malibu |

BluDevl
Arm Hair Eater

Post by BluDevl » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:12 am

Krazy_Town wrote: I have a LG Env2 with basic internet but it's about two years old so I might upgrade soon.
Dude, I have the same type of phone. Its a LG Chocolate Touch. The chocolate touch is actually the newer version of the LG Env2. Regardless I have the basic internet as well. I only pay $15 bucks a month for an internet service that does 90% of what a windows based full internet phone will do, so Im happy with the cost effectiveness of the phone. Curt was the one still in the stone age last year when he had his 1X internet trio :lol:
-Steve (Osceola Finalist)
'92 Dodge Stealth R/T Turbo 1 of 327~ HKS Intake, DNP Y-Pipe, Dejon Pre-turbo intake, Stillen 3" DP, GReddy PRofec B-spec II EBC, Short Throw Shifter, Eibach Pro Kit Springs, Power Slot Rotors, Ultimate Performance Strut Tower Bar, TR Motorsports C2 Wheels, and tons of polished goodies!
2016 Mitsubishi Outlander SEL
Check out http://www.Advanceautoparts.com

curt_gendron
Administrator

Post by curt_gendron » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:17 pm

Here is "Wally the weather walrus" as he gives Steve the latest forecast:

BluDevl
Arm Hair Eater

Post by BluDevl » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:20 pm

The "Weather Bug" gives me my forcast:

I think "Wally the weather walrus" is more "Curt-Style". :lol:
-Steve (Osceola Finalist)
'92 Dodge Stealth R/T Turbo 1 of 327~ HKS Intake, DNP Y-Pipe, Dejon Pre-turbo intake, Stillen 3" DP, GReddy PRofec B-spec II EBC, Short Throw Shifter, Eibach Pro Kit Springs, Power Slot Rotors, Ultimate Performance Strut Tower Bar, TR Motorsports C2 Wheels, and tons of polished goodies!
2016 Mitsubishi Outlander SEL
Check out http://www.Advanceautoparts.com