Whats your best kill story

Talk about topics not relating to cars.
curt_gendron
Administrator

Whats your best kill story

Post by curt_gendron » Tue Oct 19, 2004 7:17 pm

Hey everyone,

So whats the best street or track kill story? I'll share mine.......

Back in July of 1997 is when I bought my first black Stealth. The very first day I owned it, I drove it up to Willmar for a night of cruising. I ran into a kid I knew with a 94 Camaro Z28. His Z28 was suppose to be the fastest thing in Willmar (yeah right) This kid always gave me crap when I owned my non-turbo Stealth. He always wanted to race it. So once he got to see my twin turbo Stealth, I told him, you wanna race? He reluctantly said, "sure." We headed off to some lonly highway and his buddy was the flagman. I launched my bone stock twin turbo o.k. Only a minor bog. Meanwhile he smoked his tires for which seemed like forever. We raced for about 1/8 mile and I had him by 2 car lenghs. The best part was when we drove back to the cruising strip and parked next to all of his buddies. They were stunned and he had to eat crow.

Its funny now because my car is slow, and his is just that much more slower compare to whats on the streets now.

later,
Curt

Minnesota 3/S Facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home ... 02602&ap=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

apickle

Post by apickle » Tue Oct 19, 2004 7:38 pm

I don't know what you're talking about Curt, I never race anybody on the streets :wink:

Can't think of many good ones, I usually avoid it down here, moreso than up in the cities. The police down here get strict when all the college punks move back in the fall :(
1992 3000GT VR4 || 2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT || 2003 Suzuki SV650s

Jamal
Administrator

Post by Jamal » Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:50 pm

I was cruising around with some friends in the Eden Prairie area; I think was headed to a movie or something. Anyways, I was just cruising along minding my own business when this SVT Lightning pickup truck comes next to me and hangs there, and the light right ahead of us turned yellow, I'm thinking perfect.

We come to a dead stop at the light, there was like 4 people in there, none of them coulda been older than 20. He proceeds to roll down his window and says (exact words), "You know you're going to get your ass kicked, right", and I say "Yeah", laughing at his comment at the same time. Knowing that his car, on paper, should beat mine, and not caring, I proceed to tach it up to 5.5k and do a fast slip, completely obliterating him off the line. I hear the roots-style Supercharger and tire spinning from him in the distance. I can't remember what speed we got up to, but I think I was just about through 3rd. At no point during the race did he start to reel me in, which was really puzzling.

After the race, I talked to him, his passengers were silent and all he said was "That's a fast car".

96RT/TT

Post by 96RT/TT » Fri Oct 22, 2004 2:13 pm

My best one actually happened this summer. On one of the rare occasions that i drive into work, i was on my way home on a Friday, 5 pm'ish. Traffic was pretty light going thru Brookly Park on 94 and i noticed this BMW coming up behind pretty quick. I am lolly gaggin' in 6th at 70, so i quickly drop to 4th in case. Very nice red 2000ish M5(400hp). Game on, i shift into 3 at 70 and proceed to walk him up to about 125 or so. We played this game a few times with the same results until we got to Maple Grove were traffic of course ground to a halt. Gave each other the thumbs up and crawled for the next 5 miles...

Good times.

levi
Novas rule!

Post by levi » Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:52 pm

i beat a volvo grocery getter with a huge boost gauge on the a-pillar once. we were on 94 west, at about broadway, going about 70 and he wanted to run, so i left it in 5th gear just for fun. not even fun. he kept up until about 75.

another time, i was at a stoplight in st. paul and a young kid in a 4-dr GTP pulled up on my right. this is where it gets funny. the driver rolls down the window but the passenger was talking the smack. HE wanted to race. i'm not sure how he was going to get his foot all the way over to the accelerator and race me, but i didn't get into that. i just said sure. the light was still red (about to change) and i hear him 'power brake' (i'm guessing he's trying to build boost with his supercharged automatic or something). anyway... it turns green and i just waste him. I get about 1 block down, just barely into 2nd gear and he's no where to be seen. apparently he pulled off before i could look in my mirror.

then there was this other time, where i was on 94 west, almost to my exit when a grand am gt wants to run. i'm not sure what he was thinking but at about 70, i downshift to 4th and floor it. he didn't stand a chance.

one of these days, i'll actually get to race someone more challenging, but until then, the green turd is ... well, still just a 9b turd.

i could tell the story about my loss to the z28, but that's not what this post is about.
Levi

M-Spec

Post by M-Spec » Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:04 pm

Me in my skyline VS a fairlady Z.
I beat him so bad he blew his motor, then i towed him back to base with my skyline

mjannusch

Post by mjannusch » Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:24 pm

Man Levi, you have to make better gear choices!

70 = downshift to 3rd. ;)
-Matt
'18 Camaro SS Convertible
'15 Corvette Stingray Z51 ([email protected] - 100% stock)
'95 3000GT Spyder VR4 ([email protected] - 540 awhp)

96RT/TT

Post by 96RT/TT » Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:06 pm

Levi = Image driver

curt_gendron
Administrator

Post by curt_gendron » Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:15 pm

LOL... Levi is a Image driver. :lol:

levi
Novas rule!

Post by levi » Tue Nov 09, 2004 5:25 pm

Alright, it took me long enough to notice this post and that you are all bashing me for my driving abilities... i'm working on it! I guess i just need some lessons on how to beat on a car.

Just so you all know, i've never been in an accident with my 'grandma' driving. however, I probably would drive more aggressivly if i had the money to deal with whatever breaks while doing it.
Levi

curt_gendron
Administrator

Post by curt_gendron » Tue Nov 09, 2004 5:39 pm

We love you Levi. Image

BluDevl
Arm Hair Eater

Post by BluDevl » Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:17 am

This looked like a fun post so i thought i'ed chime in.

Last summer, comin back from univirstiy down 94, me and a buddy in a Z28 were heading back and we were just approaching the lowery tunnel. Out of nowhere he takes off, and I just stayed behind because i didnt know what he was doin. Then some Integra came up next to me and i decided why the hell not. So i downshift into 3rd, and im pullin on him. Well, before i knew it i was somewhere in the 120 to 125 range and he wasent next to me anymore, and my buddy was flickering his brake lights pretty rapidly( I was suprised at the time that i caught back up to him ) so i start to slow down to about 80. Well up ahead, no more than 100yds a state trooper was crusin. I woulda definetaly flew right by that cop, and had a felony to show for it. I guess thank god for F-Bodies.
-Steve (Osceola Finalist)
'92 Dodge Stealth R/T Turbo 1 of 327~ HKS Intake, DNP Y-Pipe, Dejon Pre-turbo intake, Stillen 3" DP, GReddy PRofec B-spec II EBC, Short Throw Shifter, Eibach Pro Kit Springs, Power Slot Rotors, Ultimate Performance Strut Tower Bar, TR Motorsports C2 Wheels, and tons of polished goodies!
2016 Mitsubishi Outlander SEL
Check out http://www.Advanceautoparts.com

M-Spec

Post by M-Spec » Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:37 pm

Mine was back in japan, i had my skyline and dumb american wanted to race. Dont remember what his car was but he blew the motor in the process. I was at least nice enough to turn around and give him a ride back to the base.

Jon M

Post by Jon M » Sat Dec 23, 2006 5:17 pm

I never really race anybody in my NA cause I don't really know what it can do and I don't want to break anything, however....

I was on Madison Ave. one day waiting at a light, it was like 8am and no traffic, when this little black Civic Si pulls up. The models that were hatches with the "rally" shifter. So like a 2000 or something.

Turns green and he floors it, I turn to my gf, and say "What the hell?".

I jam on it and smoke him at every light down Madison till he turned off. It was a fun win for me because my car is so heavy and I don't have two nice turbos backing me up.

My best kill happened in my Tsi AWD, I smoked an NA Stealth light to light!

veerfour05

Post by veerfour05 » Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:37 pm

brand new Z4, mid life crisis guy driving it with the trophy wife in the passenger seat, he lights up his tires out of of red light I don't even launch, made sure to shift out of 1st when I was right next to his doors, when I pulled up at the next light to turn I glanced over and saw them both staring at my car, either that or the Gallardo I was playing with once, but we never got a good race in, too much traffic
UMG 2010 breakdown champion!!!