Drag racing at Rock Falls on 10/4

Information on MN 3/S gatherings and other events.
mjannusch

Drag racing at Rock Falls on 10/4

Post by mjannusch » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:57 pm

I know there's already a gathering on that day for Cars & Coffee, but I'm thinking of taking the Spyder out to Rock Falls for their Test and Tune day next Saturday to make some tuning passes on E85. Typically they run open track from about 8:00am to 3:00 or so, and you can get plenty of passes in. It isn't as busy as on full race days. $69 to run all day...

http://rockfallsraceway.com/location.shtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-Matt
'18 Camaro SS Convertible
'15 Corvette Stingray Z51 ([email protected] - 100% stock)
'95 3000GT Spyder VR4 ([email protected] - 540 awhp)

mjannusch

Re: Drag racing at Rock Falls on 10/4

Post by mjannusch » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:42 pm

Looks like my rear TD05H-14B is giving up the ghost. I can hear scraping on the compressor housing, or at least that's what I assume it is. Too many 500 awhp pulls on it this weekend, I guess. I have some OEM rebuild kits for these turbos, and I'll try to get it swapped in this week so I can still go to Rock Falls on Saturday. With any luck, the compressor wheel isn't very damaged if I caught it early enough. New wheels are $180 each. Yikes!

Probably switching to some 16Gs over the winter... And something special in the motor. ;-) This car is going to be a serious beast next year...
-Matt

BluDevl
Arm Hair Eater

Post by BluDevl » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:36 pm

mjannusch wrote: ;-) This car is going to be a serious beast next year...
I like the way that sounds!
-Steve (Osceola Finalist)
'92 Dodge Stealth R/T Turbo 1 of 327~ HKS Intake, DNP Y-Pipe, Dejon Pre-turbo intake, Stillen 3" DP, GReddy PRofec B-spec II EBC, Short Throw Shifter, Eibach Pro Kit Springs, Power Slot Rotors, Ultimate Performance Strut Tower Bar, TR Motorsports C2 Wheels, and tons of polished goodies!
2016 Mitsubishi Outlander SEL
Check out http://www.Advanceautoparts.com

mjannusch

Post by mjannusch » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:06 pm

Test and Tune got cancelled today, so I'm probably going to go tomorrow morning to test before the bracket racing. Not as ideal as test and tune, but it'll have to do. Last chance to baseline this setup before major changes over the winter.
-Matt

mjannusch

Post by mjannusch » Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:37 pm

Abject failure today... After lots of waiting due to breakdowns on the track, I finally got my first pass. On the launch the clutch never really grabbed all the way, spun some going into second as well, and third it really wasn't holding at all. E85 torque for my loss, I guess. Didn't have issues with it on the street just testing, but I guess the hard launch finished it off. I also popped off my front turbo's intercooler pipe for good measure. Luckily for me, I ran it across the top so it was easy to get at and fix at the end of the track.

12.8 @ 93

After another long wait, I decided to turn down the boost a bit and see if the clutch would hold. Babied the launch, but the clutch was slipping badly in third gear and my intercooler coupling decided to let go again. I think that was like 13.2 @ 92 or something.

Oh well, fun stuff going into the car over the winter - including a new clutch. Probably the Carbonetics triple, I would guess.
-Matt