All Mitsu Cookout volunteers

General car discussion and other related topics of interest for MN 3/S members.
curt_gendron
Administrator

All Mitsu Cookout volunteers

Post by curt_gendron » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:52 pm

Time to start talking about the Cookout work coming up. With the moving of the Cookout, there is some things that will be tougher and some easier things for the Cookout.

On Saturday, the 23rd, I'm planning on driving my 3/Ses to White Bear Mitsu and storing them inside for the night. The dealership closes at 6pm. I'd like to leave my house at 5:30pm to get my cars there. Stacy will follow in the truck to haul us back to my house. Collin has volunteer already. I was hoping Mike and/or Levi would volunteer for this since they are up in my neck of the woods.

Once we get to the dealership there is another volunteer opportunity. We need to move 100+ cars from the front lot to the back lot. Bobby said 10 people might be needed. So I assume my two 3/S drivers and myself would do this. Anyone else want to meet us at WB Mitsu at 6:15pm on Saturday to help with this? Its your chance to get behind the wheel of a variety of Mitsu cars.

The loading of my trailer on Saturday has been a need in the past, but with the design of our new house, that probably isn't needed. A lot of the Cookout supplies are already sitting next to my car trailer.

On Sunday, the 24th, we will still plan on setting up at the dealership at 9am. So if you want to help with setup, chime in. For registration, Andy and Collin will be leading that. I'd like to have two more volunteers for that. Elise maybe? Who else?

I'm assuming Mike and Steve are on board for taking the money at the front? Might need one or two more people to help with that. We will also need a couple people to help with parking. With the tighter space at White Bear, people need to park in the correct area and not take up extra space or park retarded.

Stacy will need one or two people to help with food prep and helping with food during the show. John and Christine will be our cooks again.

Also need help with teardown and getting my cars back home. I really need four people to help get my cars home. I'll be driving the truck, and Stacy will be driving her car. So I need three drivers to take my cars home, and one more driver with a 4 door car to take the other three back to White Bear.

And there is still the process of getting the White Bear cars back in the front. I need to talk more with Bobby about that. But there might be another volunteer opportunity there.

I don't expect to just lean on MN 3/S members for all of this. Its going to be more work than in year's past and lets face it, our club keeps shrinking. So I'll be asking some other people I trust to help too.

So chime in with each thing you are willing to help with. If you say everything, well, then I'll really be putting you to work. LOL

Thanks,
Curt

Minnesota 3/S Facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home ... 02602&ap=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

apickle

Re: All Mitsu Cookout volunteers

Post by apickle » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:07 am

I won't be able to help Saturday at all, but I'll definitely be able to help during the event for Sunday. Might be able to help move cars back that evening, I'll let you know for sure in the next week or two.
1992 3000GT VR4 || 2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT || 2003 Suzuki SV650s

BluDevl
Arm Hair Eater

Post by BluDevl » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:52 pm

I should be available to move cars around at the dealer on Saturday evening. I will be there all day Sunday to help out.
-Steve (Osceola Finalist)
'92 Dodge Stealth R/T Turbo 1 of 327~ HKS Intake, DNP Y-Pipe, Dejon Pre-turbo intake, Stillen 3" DP, GReddy PRofec B-spec II EBC, Short Throw Shifter, Eibach Pro Kit Springs, Power Slot Rotors, Ultimate Performance Strut Tower Bar, TR Motorsports C2 Wheels, and tons of polished goodies!
2016 Mitsubishi Outlander SEL
Check out http://www.Advanceautoparts.com

Krazy_Town

Post by Krazy_Town » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:11 pm

No problem. I'm glad to help out and keep this tradition going. Its will be fun to test drive a bunch of Mitsu's a couple of yards that day.
-Collin
1992 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 | 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT | 2010 Chevrolet Malibu |

NZXTInerTia

Post by NZXTInerTia » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:41 pm

Just checking in on the board side of things. I'm free 100% both days. I'll stay in touch Curt, but I'd be more than willing to help move cars, etc.
1995 3000GT VR4 Panama Green

curt_gendron
Administrator

Post by curt_gendron » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:55 pm

Here is my first crack and organizing the cars at White Bear Mitsu.
Attachments
parking-lot1.JPG
parking-lot1.JPG (493.56 KiB) Viewed 2156 times

Minnesota 3/S Facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home ... 02602&ap=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

curt_gendron
Administrator

Post by curt_gendron » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:58 pm

Here is a breakdown of the timeline for the All Mitsu Cookout and who I have volunteering:

--Saturday evening--
5:30pm - Collin, Mike and I leave my house with 3/Ses.
6:15pm - Arrive at White Bear Mitsu to move cars. Also, Alan Milard, Tony Spencer, Steve, Tara, Levi, Bobby will be helping to move cars.
9pm - Car pool Collin, Mike and I back to my house

--Sunday--
9am - Arrive at White Bear Mitsu. Volunteers for setup include Steve, Tara, Levi, Collin, Mike, Andy, Alan, Tony.

10am - Andy makes ice run to Arbys. Parking lot partrol to help people park should be in place (Jamie, Alan, Tony)

10 to 11am - Stacy will need help with food prep? Volunteers?

10:30am - registration setup should be ready. Andy, Elise, Collin, Levi will do registraion. Steve, Tara, Mike, will man the front and take money and give wristbands.

4:30pm - Teardown begins. Steve, Tara, Mike, Collin, Andy, Levi, Jamie, Alan, Tony.

5pm - Move dealership cars back into front lot.

5:30pm - Head home with truck/trailer. Also need three drivers for my cars and a four door car to bring them back to White Bear. Volunteers?

Please chime in if any of your assignments don't work. Or if you can do more, let me know. Also, bring your FRS radios if you have them. We will need them!

Thanks,
Curt

gtmitsu

Post by gtmitsu » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:43 pm

I may be able to help move cars Saturday. Let me know.

Alex

curt_gendron
Administrator

Post by curt_gendron » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:56 pm

gtmitsu wrote:I may be able to help move cars Saturday. Let me know.

Alex
Thanks Alex.

I think we have a good group of volunteers again this year. Thank you all for stepping up. Reminder, if you do have an FRS radio with subcodes, charge it up and bring it on Sunday. I have a few, but not enough for all the volunteers. We'll be using channel 3, subcode 5.

And Mike and Collin, we want to leave my house at 5:30pm sharp on Saturday evening to get my cars to the dealer. Maybe try to show up to my house a little after 5?? Thanks.